Tattoo Aftercare Instructions with Saniderm/Second Skin/Viewguard
Wet Heal Tattoo Healing Instructions & FAQs Utilizing Saniderm/Second Skin/Viewguard
- Clean and dry your new tattoo and surrounding skin (do not use any lotions or ointments).
- Peel off the paper backing of Saniderm/Second Skin/ViewGuard to reveal the adhesive side.
- Gently apply over the tattoo, leaving about 1 inch of the bandage in contact with undamaged skin around the tattoo. More than an inch may be needed in highly mobile areas such as knees, hands, etc.
- Remove the top surface backing, leaving only the Saniderm bandage on the tattoo.
- The first piece of Saniderm/Second Skin should stay on for 10-20 hours, depending on how much the tattoo bleeds. It’s normal for blood and fluids to collect under the bandage. Remove the bandage, clean and dry the area and wait 1 -2 hours and then apply the second piece (again do not use any lotions or ointments before applying the second piece of Saniderm/Second Skin/Viewguard) The second piece can be worn for up to 4 days.
- For maximum comfort ensure skin is in a neutral position when applying Saniderm
- When cutting to size, rounded corners provide the best adhesion.
- For large areas, pieces of Saniderm/Second Skin/Viewguard may be overlapped by 1/2 inch (1 cm).
- When applying to elbows and knees the joint should be in a neutral position, neither straight nor completely bent.
- Do not use Saniderm/Second Skin/Viewguard if you have allergies to adhesives.
Things to Avoid
- Do not pick, scratch, peel, slap, rub or irritate your tattoo.
- You can shower, but you may not soak your tattoo for 2 weeks. No swimming, soaking or hot tub.
- You may not expose your tattoo to the sun for at least 3 weeks, after that you must use sun block.
- Do not wear abrasive materials, jewelry, or shoes that rub against your tattoo.
- Do not let anyone touch your tattoo, unless they wash their hands.
- Beware of gym equipment; wash it well before using it.
You Can Also
- Ice your tattoo to reduce swelling.
- Elevate your tattoo, to reduce swelling.
- Take short showers.
For more information on Second Skin click here.
For more information on Viewguard click here